Saturday, April 13, 2019

Thank you to our students and families!

Wow! I can't believe that my time at Rick Marcotte is almost up!  I want to sincerely thank you for your support and encouragement during my time student teaching.  Your children have been such gifts to me.  They are passionate, kind, and creative thinkers.  I have learned so much from them!  I keep reassuring the students that they will see me around and that I will keep track of all of their future accomplishments.  I can't wait to see the wonderful things that they will do. 

In mathematics, we are working with numbers within 1000.  Our problem solving, counting on and counting back skills are helping us add and subtract.  We are counting by 10's and 100's to help us estimate and facilitate our use of the number line.  1000 can look small and 1000 can look really big!  


 Tables work together to count to 1000 cubes.  

 

The past two weeks we have had a lot of fun with our learning.  We started our Poetry Unit,
We looked at poetry books with our partners and explored! 

 



 

 We are writing couplets, quatrains and exploring with the art of rhyme.  

We visited Mrs. Bailey's third grade class this week to listen to the nonfiction books their students wrote.  We learned about Nepal, pets, math, paper airplanes, Minecraft, the solar system and so much more.  

 

 

 


It was a great opportunity to visit the third grade classrooms, meet a teacher and take some time to notice similarities and differences.  We did stop by the bathrooms on the way back, one of the observations was that there aren't bathrooms in the classrooms starting in third grade, so we visited the ones they will use next year.  

Congratulations to our scientists at the science fair!  What a wonderful display and learning opportunity.  

I think spring may have arrived.  I'm sending home snowpants..... Boots may be helpful if it's muddy.  We will be going outside for snackcess and recess again.  We want students to enjoy time outside.

Thank you for all you do.  
Mrs. Belisle and Ms. Bryce.  




No comments:

Post a Comment